Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 46

New 51 Week Storage Ideas Week Forty Six


This is for two (2) people so buy according to your family’s size.

Non-food list:

If you do not have another way to cook this will work.

Charcoal Grill: a small portable one works
Charcoal: 2 to however many bags you want to have on hand
Lighter fluid: 4 bottles or cans


You can also dig a hole in the ground to use the charcoal and wood; stick a grate over or set pans down in it.


Food list:

Wheat: 50 to 100 pounds
Sugar:  50 pounds
Baking Powder: 1 large container or 2 mediums


Recipe:


Norwegian Breakfast Cake

1 egg beaten well
½ cup sugar
¼ cup butter or margarine melted
1½-cup flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
½ cup milk
Mix and pour this in a greased cake pan, sprinkle cinnamon on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.


What foods do you have in your 72/96-hour kits, also known as B.O.B. (Bug Out Bag)?


Beprepared.com has those food bars that work well. And they last well.
***
I pulled a muscle in my neck yesterday; talk about slowing a person down.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I never have tried the food bars. But they probably would be nice to toss in a BOB and not worry about for months. One thing I've done is do some separating of my stashes. I have a small food stash at work. And in my home, I have it in three different places. Which I've already benefited from when I somehow locked one of my metal storage cabinets and I have no key. It took me a couple of weeks to decide to break the lock... I still do not know how it locked. o_O

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome